Customer experience is mainly about people. Your people need to know the real problem your company solves for your customers.
You do not need a 360 degree view of your to manage the customer experience. Just recognise every interaction with a customer is important and treat it as such.
Partners, suppliers, staff, consultants and even sales calls are potential customers too.
The lower levels of your company reflect the top levels, so you will need C Level buy in to make it stick.
Action, action, action, take the feedback and implement.
Customer Experience Management is a journey, not an end point.
5 Customer Experience Management Tips:
1. A great customer service experience is your best form or marketing; referrals increase, you get great reviews and superb testimonials
2. A great customer experience makes your customers feel special, like they are a part of your company or business, that they belong with you because you understand and care for them.
3. Avoid treating processes as just a series of tasks and build some kindness into it. If you’re taking someone’s name, say it’s nice, if you think so. Make the interaction more human. This takes it from customer service to customer experience.
4. Make sure the people you employ are positive, friendly and nice, glass half full, not just competent. It will be hard to deliver a great customer service experience otherwise.
5. Coffee in McDonalds, Starbucks and the Ritz Hotel, same coffee but a price that reflects the customer experience, not the coffee.
Leave a comment